Thoughts, commments, advice ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michaelb406

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any advice or comments r welcomed.

image-1412913870.jpg

Attachments

• image-1903785030.jpg
    image-1903785030.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 85
Looking good (and welcome to AA)! What size is it, how long have you had it, your stock, plans for future?

It's a 55 tall. I'm getting a 180 gallon tank next Tuesday. I have 80 lbs of rock a very deep live sand bed. It's been running since September 15. I have a blonde naso tang, a bristle tooth tomini tang, dogface puffer, a cardinal fish, and a Koran angel. On Tuesday I am setting up the new tank with a wet dry filter, protein skimmer, and a new lighting fixture. I don't have plans for corals but want to bring out the colors of my fish. Any suggestions ? Also I have 2 koralia 1400s I am going to upgrade for sure any thoughts. Thanks

Wow that's quite the upgrade. I'm sure you fish will love the extra space. You could get some different colored LED strips from ebay (blue & white). Cheap, lasts a while, and produces little heat. Ecotech vortech pumps are the best, but they are expensive. If you wanted to go that route, a couple MP40s or one MP60 would work. Otherwise getting some more koralias or some tunze powerheads would work.

I was looking at the mp40s. And yes a huge upgrade but my 12 year old son and I are so into the hobby and trying to learns as quickly as possible. My lfs maximum reef is going to do the initial set up and maintain it for a couple of months so I have a better chance at keeping the fish I have now healthy. We are going to add another 60 or 70 lbs of rock and more sand. We r looking so forward to Tuesday. I will post pics that night. Thanks for ur feedback ?

This hobby is exciting and very addictive! Looking forward to the pics and no problem. What are you going to do with the 55 once you transfer everything?

I'm going to put it in my office and start over with it.

Back
Top Bottom