thoughts on costume?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquandrew

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i have to go to orientation today for scream town, a haunted attraction in minnesota. i'm debating on working in the oak blood forest as a zombie or the circus asylum as a clown zombie. what do you guys think? I've only got two weeks to come up with my costume. I'm leaning more towards a clown zombie, I'm ordering black out contacts that black out your entire eye for 60 bucks a piece and ordering a gallon of liquid latex as well. my profile pic is my costume from last year. i won a tombstone award because i made it all myself with liquid latex, nails, a mouth prosthetic and makeup.
img_2656024_0_148639386f1d46808c1e855755b77059.jpg

what would you do?

so i have to go to orientation today for scream town, a haunted attraction in minnesota. i'm debating on working in the oak blood forest as a zombie or the circus asylum as a clown zombie. what do you guys think? I've only got two weeks to come up with my costume. I'm leaning more towards a clown zombie, I'm ordering black out contacts that black out your entire eye for 60 bucks a piece and ordering a gallon of liquid latex as well. my profile pic is my costume from last year. i won a tombstone award because i made it all myself with liquid latex, nails, a mouth prosthetic and makeup.

what would you do?

You are one sick child lol that costume is amazing though well done. Reminds me of that show where they create costumes like you did for a specific theme and get judged. Really amazing what they come up with. I would go clown zombie, clowns seem to strike tremendous fear in people. Zombifying one only heightens that phobia

You are one sick child lol that costume is amazing though well done. Reminds me of that show where they create costumes like you did for a specific theme and get judged. Really amazing what they come up with. I would go clown zombie, clowns seem to strike tremendous fear in people. Zombifying one only heightens that phobia

thank you!! I'm definitely leaning towards being a clown zombie. i love that show! its called Face Off. my mom has been obsessed with halloween since i was a child, and i definitely grew into it. halloween is my favorite holiday

thank you!! I'm definitely leaning towards being a clown zombie. i love that show! its called Face Off. my mom has been obsessed with halloween since i was a child, and i definitely grew into it. halloween is my favorite holiday

That's pretty cool I like Halloween too but when it comes to walking through haunted stuff I'm a sissy. I can watch a freaky movie np but something about seeing it love in front of me I just can't lol. There's a place in NYC that has like 9 floors and if you make it out the last floor you get your money back lol. Gotta be pretty scary. I know someone who went through and she left after the 3rd floor. She walked through some swampy part and was like screw this hahaha.

for those interested....here are a couple of pics, working on my costume. there were too many people in the circus asylum, so i will be in the oak blood forest. tomorrow i am going to work some more stuff into the arms and back, and also work on my face. for those of you that love Halloween as much as i do, i will post more pics ;)
img_2671482_0_195fa86e5dc67e81b756fd935dcbd6fc.jpg

img_2671482_1_5946e9d7aa80772f624f8b49e713e9a4.jpg

ran out of gel blood, so there will be more coming down from the spine when i buy more lol
my girlfriend and i spent over 500 dollars on makeup, blood, prosthetics and other miscellaneous things for our costumes. this is the reason my build thread hasn't had any updates ;)

thanks alyxx!!! :) here are some more pics with a little more work put into it
img_2673903_0_65dbcec17a5b726fea5875f06e5441aa.jpg

img_2673903_1_5a3051c11e2b21fafdd335c8354a0585.jpg

and the arm
img_2673903_2_514c9f3f9cfecae7fe890311b4f8ade2.jpg

i can't believe it starts friday already!! tomorrow i will be putting my face on to practice it out the day before scream town opens. i will post pics ;)

its getting there!!!
img_2675790_0_2f0f54270b07c19a26b679f9ab557960.jpg

i won't have the jaw effect again, until tomorrow. its all rainy here and thats too much work for it to come off ;)

tonights mask!!! lol its going to rain, so I'm not going to glue all of that stuff on. i got punched in the face by two girls last weekend, i scared them so bad!!
img_2689970_0_001d4b022e26242f15b0959ace5cc01d.jpg

tonights mask!!! lol its going to rain, so I'm not going to glue all of that stuff on. i got punched in the face by two girls last weekend, i scared them so bad!!

Wow, that is a sick mask! And you getting punched reminded me of the last time I went to a haunted house. My best friend and I were offering hugs to everyone that tried to scare us (we are tough to scare) and had a competition as to who of us would leave with more blood on us from the hugs. My older cousin who brought us was freaking out at everything and she thought we were nuts. I won the who got bloodiest contest, btw.

Awesome dude! I'm a huge fan of both face off an Halloween and this year I'm going as a female demon. I'm a teen though so I don't have money to go buy latex so I'm stuck with cheesy props and stuff . I can post so pics of my makeup later if you wanna give some pointers out, I need them! Lol

Very cool costume, def gonna freak some people out! I can see why you won a tombstone last year'

Wow, that is a sick mask! And you getting punched reminded me of the last time I went to a haunted house. My best friend and I were offering hugs to everyone that tried to scare us (we are tough to scare) and had a competition as to who of us would leave with more blood on us from the hugs. My older cousin who brought us was freaking out at everything and she thought we were nuts. I won the who got bloodiest contest, btw.

thanks alyxx!! haha thats hilarious! i actually have quite a few people say "your the only one who's scared me tonight!" its not just the mask, you have to know what to do also ;)

Awesome dude! I'm a huge fan of both face off an Halloween and this year I'm going as a female demon. I'm a teen though so I don't have money to go buy latex so I'm stuck with cheesy props and stuff . I can post so pics of my makeup later if you wanna give some pointers out, I need them! Lol Very cool costume, def gonna freak some people out! I can see why you won a tombstone last year'

thanks cg!! i can definitely give you some pointers. you would be surprised what you can make a good costume out of. Elmer's glue and toilet paper, you can make some pretty sick gashes and burns. you can also make some red jello, then microwave it and use it as a nice cheap gel blood. I've done a few of these diy methods before, and they work great for one time uses! tonight was miserable, 40 degrees and pouring rain here in Minnesota. its not as much fun when your freezing cold lol

thanks alyxx!! haha thats hilarious! i actually have quite a few people say "your the only one who's scared me tonight!" its not just the mask, you have to know what to do also ;)

These guys were good, but she and I are real horror fanatics so we were just loving it. I remember hugging one guy who came at us with a chainsaw. Good times... Man, that was 10 years ago.

I hope I can find something fun this Halloween.

40 degrees? You are dedicated! Not much can get me out from under an electric blanket in that kind of weather! Then again I am a southerner who is used to warm winters.

Wow, I could never do something like that. It is great by the way. Would pee myself. I suck at being in the dark. Think I will be a pokemon. Lol

thanks cg!! i can definitely give you some pointers. you would be surprised what you can make a good costume out of. Elmer's glue and toilet paper, you can make some pretty sick gashes and burns. you can also make some red jello, then microwave it and use it as a nice cheap gel blood. I've done a few of these diy methods before, and they work great for one time uses! tonight was miserable, 40 degrees and pouring rain here in Minnesota. its not as much fun when your freezing cold lol

Thanks! Still trying to figure out if I'm going to twist it as a modern demon or an old achool version. I'm gonna have to try the Elmer's glue and toilet paper with my bros zombie make up, he's been my test subject here lately.The red jello sounds like a great idea. I always use strawberry koolaid for blood stain of clothes. My friends always freak out about my costume. They ask why can't I dress up like a normal person. But there no fun in that haha

Thanks! Still trying to figure out if I'm going to twist it as a modern demon or an old achool version. I'm gonna have to try the Elmer's glue and toilet paper with my bros zombie make up, he's been my test subject here lately.The red jello sounds like a great idea. I always use strawberry koolaid for blood stain of clothes. My friends always freak out about my costume. They ask why can't I dress up like a normal person. But there no fun in that haha

exactly!! imo there is no fun in dressing up just like the next person or buying mass produced costumes with terribly fake looking masks(unless you are aren't trying to be scary ;)) halloween is all about the fun of building your own haunted house, making your own costume and getting as much enjoyment out of the day as you can, whether it be scaring people, trick or treating or handing out candy to kids. i guess it also depends if you even like halloween haha

Back
Top Bottom