Thoughts on fluorite black sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't that aggravating? I know these guys know their fish because their store is astounding, the stock incredible and healthy. So it comes down to the whole give-us-your-money thing. What a shame.

So...skirts could move out, to the 29. My only concern is the nosy loaches, but since rams aren't cave-dwellers, perhaps it could work.

You just opened up a whole new realm of possibilities!

I have 3 fairly good sized loaches in the 220g and they are either the dumbest or smartest fish in there. They "know" when pairs are getting ready to spawn and pester the pee out of the pair no matter how many times they get their rears nipped. They have managed to eat a few freshly laid clutches but the rams and angels are learning to spawn in more protected or protectible places. What kind of loaches do you have?

I have 4 tiny clowns (and of course a plan for their future) and a Burmese Loach who apparently thinks he's a clown loach and schools with them. He's such a character.

I meant to add that having my cichlids spawn is not something that matters to me one way or another. It'd be neat but I wouldn't be upset if they didn't.

The only thing you have to watch as clowns get larger and actually this holds true for most loaches is that they can wreak havoc on plants. One of their favorite things is to put holes in large leaf plants. And some turn into root diggers. I actually had to remove my carpet of dwarf baby tears (HC) due to mine uprooting the edges constantly. Irritated the pee out of me so I just took it out and the tank looks fine. Not saying they will do that but just want you to know they are known for being mischievious with plants.

The only thing you have to watch as clowns get larger and actually this holds true for most loaches is that they can wreak havoc on plants. One of their favorite things is to put holes in large leaf plants. And some turn into root diggers. I actually had to remove my carpet of dwarf baby tears (HC) due to mine uprooting the edges constantly. Irritated the pee out of me so I just took it out and the tank looks fine. Not saying they will do that but just want you to know they are known for being mischievious with plants.

I appreciate the heads up. I've always had plastic plants, thus I never saw any destruction from my old clowns, who died in a tragic ich outbreak a few months ago. Cute little buggars.

Back
Top Bottom