Tiger Barb Holding Eggs ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bates1990 said:
Ok I really do appreciate your help and also are you supposed to replace the bio wheel after ick treatment because I know your supposed to remove carbon filters and continue airation but idk about the wheel

I'm not 100% on the medication you used but I think it should be fine to keep. If you replace the bio wheel then you are throwing out your BB and you don't want that.

Bates1990 said:
I forgot to tell you that I got the whole peas that you have to snap and I crushed the peas up and put them in my tank how long till I should feed them cause today's the third day they haven't been fed

They are fine to feed now. Make sure you remove any uneaten pea (or any type of food) so it doesn't foul your tank. I think the problem is being caused by poor water quality. Try changing some water 20-30% every day or every second day for a week or two to bring your nitrates down. Hopefully you should see an improvement in them soon.

That's sounds right cause I did feed my fish blood worms but on same note I fed my catfish in my other tank these same worms and they seem to be fine idk

Def looks like bloating to me. I have Tigers in my 37 and they bloat sometimes and it looks just like that. They don't like to share the food...

Internal parasites will leave a black spot on the sides...which 2 of mine have as well. It rarely kills the fish and it's from snails or new fish. Nothing to worry about though

Well I do get a new fish or two every couple of weeks from different fish stores I like the variety lol

Oh I know, I'm the same way. I'm at the place where I get fish every few days. I stay away from Petsmart and Petco now if I can just because they don't pay as much attention to their tanks. I have 5 tanks so I can always get new fish! lol

But yeah the spots are nothing to worry about really.

Ok I hope your right because it's only the tiger barbs that are fat I have to albino two green and two regular

Back
Top Bottom