Tiger barb looks like a missing chunk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
View attachment 217729 I'm not sure if this pic worked, sorry

That certainly looks similar, we'll see how they turn out as adults though. I have a couple others that have similar "lighter" coloring on their fins compared to others that have very dark black and very bright red/orange- I like those the best. What size do they start looking more like ruby barbs than tigers? That guy was about an inch and a quarter, and he was one of my smallest fish. My other barbs have all grown since I got them, most of them are running in the 1.5-2" range. I am measuring from the "V" of the tail, not the tip.

I don't take any offense to it, by the way. Let's just not have a discussion trying to identify an "algae eater" from pet's mart. Oh lord. I looked in a tank and saw 3 distinctly different fish (that all look similar) being marketed as the same species.

That certainly looks similar, we'll see how they turn out as adults though. I have a couple others that have similar "lighter" coloring on their fins compared to others that have very dark black and very bright red/orange- I like those the best. What size do they start looking more like ruby barbs than tigers? That guy was about an inch and a quarter, and he was one of my smallest fish. My other barbs have all grown since I got them, most of them are running in the 1.5-2" range. I am measuring from the "V" of the tail, not the tip. I don't take any offense to it, by the way. Let's just not have a discussion trying to identify an "algae eater" from pet's mart. Oh lord. I looked in a tank and saw 3 distinctly different fish (that all look similar) being marketed as the same species.
Don't do it, noo algae eaters in this thread, barbs are it! I have 5 banded hexazona's, they are pretty chill little food munchers.

Back
Top Bottom