tiger nerite died ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

libbyb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed one of my tiger nerites on his back last night as I was doing a PWC. It looked like he was hidden inside so I put him somewhere secure to see if he would move. After watching for about 5 minutes he seemed to come out a little. I kept checking on him and he didn't move. This morning he was still in the same place and I didn't see his foot. I still don't. Nobody is bothering him and he's still upright. If they were picking at him wouldn't his shell be overturned? Maybe he's still okay?? :cry:

Mine do that all the time. They're like a turtle when on their backs. I always gently flip them back over and they eventually crawl away. They will right themselves eventually, but I'd rather do it to be sure no one picks at them.

I guess I should have guessed they'd right themselves. I just can't imagine how. Anyway, I still don't see his foot, and he hasn't moved all night and still not today.

smell it. if it's got that sweet rotting smell...it's definitely not alive.

Well, I didn't need to smell my nerite. I've been checking on him all day between chores and I've found him with his shell lifted and I see him under there and he moves a little. Good. Then I've gone back and he's hidden again.
Now I see him again. The thing that really worries me is that he is in the same spot I put him in last night. I feel like he's okay but I'm worried. I don't want to touch him and freak him out.

Back
Top Bottom