Tim's 29gal Biocube Reef / Angler Fish tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice I am going to get my angler today as soon as the store opens
Well i think its time to start the official "angler club" now :lol:

You better start your own thread too..

Good deal Tim,,
I never used selcon or shark formula but like i said its just about exact to trigger formula

Tried a bit of shark formula on my fishing line feeder, and I think I may have scared the angler more than inticed him. I accidentially touched him with it, and he was pretty taken aback. At any rate, I tried for a few minutes, dancing the food around and then it finally broke off the line and the chromis came and ate it. So I still have probably 200 viable brine that I gut-loaded with phyto last night, and so he got a few pipettes of those, and I watched him eat at least (6) that I could see before I walked away.

I found a few people who say that they actually started with a 1" angler and worked to frozen by hand-feeding live gut=loaded ghost shrimp, and then moved to hand-feeding frozen, and then finally to just dropping in frozen or feeding with a stick.

I think my next test will be a selcon / garlic soaked piece of silverside, either by hand or by stick. The fishing line is neat, but very hard to manipulate, especially where he likes to hang out.

Sounds like you got ur hands full...... Mine has not even attempted to go after the feeder fish I put in with him

Another thing to note: testing results for BC29 - Ammo: .25ppm, Nitrite 5.0ppm, nitrate: 160ppm.

Interesting to see that ammonia has gone from 0 back to .25... Hmmm.

Hopefully he'll take right to the garlic/selcon silverside. For the fishing line, you could tie it to a bamboo skewer so it's easier to manipulate.

Hopefully he'll take right to the garlic/selcon silverside. For the fishing line, you could tie it to a bamboo skewer so it's easier to manipulate.

The good thing is, he is eating, so I'm not worried about him. As for the skewer, you are close, I actually use a bamboo chop-stick.

It works "okay", but its not great. I've got lots of time to come up with new and fun things to try. Its still early.

Back
Top Bottom