Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I get home I'll give you my brand. I just glued 8 ricordias and they are doing great.

Fantastic. I found Two Little Fishies CorAffix on amazon. The review was fantastic. About $15 for (2) ounces after shipping.

TLTGF said:
Fantastic. I found Two Little Fishies CorAffix on amazon. The review was fantastic. About $15 for (2) ounces after shipping.

That's what I use! It's almost like super glue. Lol.

I use a plastic tooth pick put it in the foot then use a rubber band to hold it to q small rock then glue the rock in place

I ordered the Coraffix today. Cheap enough to try, plus I looked in the tank and saw they were both on the sandbed :/

On another note, anyone know of Emerald Crabs eating corals?

I was noting previously that my blasto was about 50% missing as of lately, and I also had a standard red shroom that had split and was in the process of healing.

Maybe out of coincidence, but this morning one of the EC's was sitting on the original mushroom and pulling small pieces off of the "Healing part". I also noted that the baby shroom that started at about 1/4" was down to maybe 1/16" at best and was nearly gone.

Just curious if anyone thinks I can attribute my coral issues with the EC's?

TLTGF said:
I ordered the Coraffix today. Cheap enough to try, plus I looked in the tank and saw they were both on the sandbed :/

On another note, anyone know of Emerald Crabs eating corals?

I was noting previously that my blasto was about 50% missing as of lately, and I also had a standard red shroom that had split and was in the process of healing.

Maybe out of coincidence, but this morning one of the EC's was sitting on the original mushroom and pulling small pieces off of the "Healing part". I also noted that the baby shroom that started at about 1/4" was down to maybe 1/16" at best and was nearly gone.

Just curious if anyone thinks I can attribute my coral issues with the EC's?

I have never heard of EC's eating anything but something that's dying. Maybe the blasto was at its end and the crab saw free food. As far as the mushrooms I have no idea though.

You will be pleased with the coraffix. I use it. I glued ricordias to rocks with it last week and they are all still on there good. Just follow the directions and it's golden. My only complaint with it is that if you use your tank to create the skin, you may get little glue ribbons. I pull a small container of water out to create the skin so it doesn't happen. Also, fore warning- its a pain in the butt to get off your nails. Lol.

my EC never jacks with anything, he'll run though my shoom patch like he is playing in them. I do have a sponge that he likes to pick at & it bothered me at 1st but it never seems harmed when he is done so I never gave it another thought.

Hey rob. Did you say you were getting the ecotech radion. If so congrats i love mine I also saw that you were planning on getting the apex controller. Are you planning on using that for your light?

Rob, I have the radion and the mp10. What will the controller do that the computer won't do for the radion. My radion is completely automated. Just trying to figure it out. Does the Apex do something the radion won't. Just curious

Well I can have them shut off if the temp of the water gets to high ( I know with leds that is unlikely ) but it is a percation that I want.... and that is the only thing I will use it for on the lights as for the mp10s it can change what it is running on at different times of the day so I can start the day on short pulse then switch to reef crest with out touching the pump so there is just a few things I like about the use of the apex

I hope soon I ordered all of it from my lfs and they said they will call when there in and I will post pics of the set up

katoom27 said:
Thanks for the clarification

No problem.... yeah I am setting up my tank for full control of every aspect of it.... the only time I want to touch my system is to do water changes (and if I could do that on the apex I would so I wouldn't have to touch it then either.... lol)

Back
Top Bottom