Tiny black specks? Bugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chillie308

Aquarium Advice Regular
So in my 20 gallon tank I have regular gravel a few anubias, Christmas moss and hornwart. It houses my red rili shrimp a few mystery snails and a few guppies. I notice every time I vacuum the gravel.... I always take great care to look for any baby shrimp and there are always tons of very small black dots. They literally look like a grain of sand I noticed they were moving and I figured it was with the water current but then I realized in standing still water these tiny black dots act like they are on crack and they zip all over. I can even catch them in an eye dropper and they still go nuts. They are so small I can't see legs or anything then again my eyes aren't the best but I did notice them 2 months ago. They never seem to be any bigger and there's always a lot of them and I only notice them when I vacuum they seem to stick to the bottom as I never see them any other time. I've googled for 2 hours and I can't find anything on these. Can anyone shed some light on this?

First thing that comes to mind based on the description are some type of seed shrimp. Harmless invertebrates.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom