Tips on meal time for Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jadedrain_06

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just got a betta a few days ago and I am having a hard time getting him interested in the frozen bloodworms. He is still puffing up his fins and very active through out the tank so I don' think it is illness. I am assuming he is just not hungry but how in the future do I let him know it is meal time and both be on the same page? I don't want a bunch of uneaten food floating or sinking since I just got my tank nice and cycled and it is a pain to chase those suckers around. Any advice on feeding rituals would be awesome.

When my fish don't eat I starve them a bit. I don't want to clean up either so I don't feed them for 2-3 days just to show them who's boss. It always gets them to eat for me:)

My betta gizmo who I've had for along time now loves the frozen blood worms and can't get enough the first week I had him he wouldn't eat it's natural but he will definitely eat the soon . And when feeding make sure that his little stomach doesn't get to bloated this could seriously affect his buoyancy and cause constipation . When did you get him ?

They'll eventually learn to eat what they're given. Just be consistent.

But IDK if I'd feed them bloodworms every day. They could get bloated possibly.

Thank you! Shortly after posting this I glanced over at him and he was swimming patiently right in the middle of the tank looking at me like "Umm you going to feed me lady?" He loves blood worms and ate 5 before I cut him off. So maybe he will get into the habit of letting me know more often. I got him Thursday and he is such a sweet sweet boy. He is a crowntail and we are calling him Rama since it means King in Tai. He is so funny though because our cat was being nosy and put a paw on the side of the tank. Well Rama puffed up and lunged....cat went flying backwards and now sits atleast 10 feet away from the tank and watches. Hysterical!

Back
Top Bottom