Tips on mixing water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make all my saltwater for water changes in a 10 gallon aquarium. I have a heater and 2 power heads. I don't think you can rush it. I let it sit at least overnight.

The only thing you might be able to do is add a little salt at a time

I have a 35 gal trash can put the water in it with the salt one power head and a heater, let it sit overnight and it's good to go in the morning

You could use oceanic salt mix, I usually let it sit over night but it dissolves in a mater of minutes with a good stir.

I use instant ocean and I mix it in a 5gallon bucket and yeah it usually takes about 2 days for all the salt to dissolve fully

Red Sea coral pro fully dissolves in 2 hours or less.

You can't rush it. Some salts just take longer to dissolve.

I use IO reef Crystals and usually try to dissolve overnight. I like to do things the easy way, work smart not hard. So I set a couple powerheads in a bucket with heaters and let them do the mixing for me. Worked out nice after upgrading to vortechs as I now have koralias that are for this purpose solely.

I use kent salt, add it to my water in a 5 gallon bucket being that I only have a 36 gallon tank and then with a lid with a gasket toss it into my hot tub and give it 30 minutes. Water comes up to a perfect 78 degrees and salt is fully mixed. Yes I know the hot tubs is not a luxury most people have but hey it works great for me lol

air bubbler and heater in a rubbermaid ... let it bubble & brew for at least 24 hours

Wow I have never waited I do about a 30 gallon water change every two or three weeks I have my ro/di in a 30 gallon barrel with a heater I dump the salt in mix it up good check it with my meter and dump it in and I always check it the next day and it's always .025 or .026 maybe I should let it set over night but when I'm stirring it I can watch it go from cloudy to clear in the bucket in about 10 min

Back
Top Bottom