Tiretrack eel is missing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Did a PWC today and I noticed the tiretrack eel I have is missing. I have a sand substrate. could he be buried in it"??? I checked around the stand but theres no sign of him anywhere.

Teakwood said:
I've heard of eels getting into filters

I have a canister filter. The only place I can think of him being able to get in is the output nozzle. And the intake on AC 70 has a mesh guard. I'm gonna have to check my canister

Definitely check your filter..he should be fine. I had a blue dragon goby in my canister filter for a few days and he was fine I just had to dump him out.

TonyEnr said:
Definitely check your filter..he should be fine. I had a blue dragon goby in my canister filter for a few days and he was fine I just had to dump him out.

Thanks I'll definitely check it out! I'll keep anyone who subscribed to this thread posted

myy eel buries himself and he is very good at it ive searched through sand only to not find him the 10 minutes later rhere he is.. let tank settle down for a few hrs

Lol I found him today! I honestly hadn't seen him in a few days haha. He's alive and well! He's swimming about in the tank!

LOL. I have a story like yours... about two months ago I decided to move my two bumblebee catfish into a different tank, I found one, tore up the entire tank plants n everything looking for the other to no avail. I figured he died and his body was long since eaten. Two days ago I moved a decoration in the tank only to find him, not only alive but about twice the size he was last time I saw him!!! I was so happy to see him still don't know where he was when I tore up the tank.....LOL

Wiggles24 said:
LOL. I have a story like yours... about two months ago I decided to move my two bumblebee catfish into a different tank, I found one, tore up the entire tank plants n everything looking for the other to no avail. I figured he died and his body was long since eaten. Two days ago I moved a decoration in the tank only to find him, not only alive but about twice the size he was last time I saw him!!! I was so happy to see him still don't know where he was when I tore up the tank.....LOL

Hahaha that rules! I thought maybe he in one of my 2 filters but I couldn't find him. Anyway I tore up my tank the way you did and I still didn't find him. Lol glad it worked out for you!

I didnt see one of my loaches for over a month. Doing weekly changes, deep cleanings, never saw him. His two buddies were and still are very social. I thought he was dead. Then out of the blue he just shows back up. He comes out a lot more now but i really thought i was down a loach for a while!
He also doubled in size in his absence

Pipedreamer86 said:
I didnt see one of my loaches for over a month. Doing weekly changes, deep cleanings, never saw him. His two buddies were and still are very social. I thought he was dead. Then out of the blue he just shows back up. He comes out a lot more now but i really thought i was down a loach for a while!
He also doubled in size in his absence

I wonder where the fish go? Every growth spurt they disappear. Haha I haven't really observed my eel yet. I know that they grow at a slow rate

Back
Top Bottom