To buy or build??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reanea03

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to set up a nano tank, I've done research and really like the Innovative Marine brand and set up in white. The question is:
I know I want a pair of black ice ocellaris clowns or a pair of snowflake ocellarius (feel free to give me an opinion :) ), and a fire or skunk shrimp with a nem.
Can I do this in the 8gal that innovative offers or would the 16 be required, if the 16 is required should I tackle building my own 20 with the same all in one concept?
Estimated cost on a build $285, innovative 16 gal $350

The bare minimum for a pair of clowns would be the 16g adn in my opinion pushing it but if thats it for fish then probably ok. :)

Whats the lighting on these units cause a nem requires intense lighting and a mature tank. Tough little critters to keep happy. lol

Wouldn't u know.. Can u think of any lights that would work with a 20 gal? I was looking yesterday but I discovered I defiantly don't know enough to feel comfy buying one.
Of course I guess I don't have to have a nem :)

I think ive come across a deal. 30 gallon with stand and Eclipse 3 hood for $80.. has anyone had a eclipse hood, seems like there are several mixed reviews on the quality when it comes to SW..

Back
Top Bottom