to C02 or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corithien

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a well planted discus grow on tank and I am thinking of adding C02 I might try and make somthing home made but if the shop have somthing better and worth paying for I will consider it oh and dont quote me I never change a post and it bugs me plz just ref name if you need to direct me

I have just bought my first co2 kit its the jbl proflora u402 seems very well made and easy to set up cost around £200 but there are cheaper models in the same range, from what i have read it is worth having a co2 system in place.

Yes I see the benefits with plants but I wanted to find someone who has done it with discus as thay are ez to kill trying things out

I would really like some first hand thoughts as well. I wouldn't think it would be a problem. I'm sure a pH controller would be a good idea just to make sure the water parameters stay consistent. Are you doing mature discus?

I was going to use it for my grow on tank to improve the bio load the plants cover

I use CO2 injection on my 125 angelfish tank and haven't experienced any issues with the fish. By adding CO2, your not changing the chemical makeup of water so the discus should be OK. As stated, a pH controller is a great tool to have. I use one and feel more secure about dosing; its like a backup device.

Back
Top Bottom