To get a water changer or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christopherlh84

Aquarium Advice Activist
Am currently using the old two bucket water change method and was looking into a water changer. Is it really worth the extra money?

I think it definitely is worth the money if you have a big tank or multiple tanks. If you just have a small tank, you might want to save the cash and stick with buckets. Sometimes they just don't work that well with small tanks- I've overfilled quite a few 10 gallon tanks because I couldn't run to the sink fast enough to get the water shut off. LOL. Most brands have a valve you can shut on the hose, but I never use that. Anyway, just something to think about.

Yeah I am looking at the 5 to 6 dollars I spent in buckets vs 50 dollars for a changer.

A Water changer makes life much easier, with that said as mentioned above if you have a smaller tank It may not be worth it. I have a 55 and a 29 gallon I use mine on both tanks.

I have a ten gal but will be moving up in the next few months I plan on getting a fifty gal in the future .

Well went into my lfs and they had the 25 foot on sale for 35 so I bit.

Attachments

• image-89285492.jpg
    image-89285492.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 41
It will be, without a doubt, the best purchase of your life if you chose to stay with the hobby

Yeah I just did two 50% water changes on both of my tanks in like fifteen mins it took me longer to do one tank with my buckets :)

For all our 10 and 20 gallon tanks, I drain with a hose and bucket and refill with the water changer. I drain them A LOT faster than the water changer does.

Glad you got the result you wanted. They really are convenient. :)

Back
Top Bottom