To Whom It May Concern, LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hc8719 said:
fish_4_all said:
I still have a scar from an oscar I had in 1989. He bit me when he took a nightcrawler out of my fingers. I didn't let go fast enough.

i dont keep oscars, but they have teeth?

lol, I didn't think they did either. I thought it was just the sucking power they have can pull flesh off. Either way, still sounds painful :O

hahahahaha thanks for making my morning even more pleasurable. Sometimes our fish stories, albeit painful, are quite funny.

All fish have teeth, its just that some fish have more visible and bite-in-to-flesh capabilities :D

On another note, try SW fish, i used to fear sticking my hand in my old reef.

-Pleco

LWB, I assume due to their size (not sure of their temperment), that the tigers don't mess with the eels?

Most fish have teeth. Many don't but all predatory fish have teeth. The Oscar is actually related to the large mouth bass if I remember right and they have nasty teeth. The only fish I can think of right now that don't have teeth are whale sharks and basking sharks but there are others.

Mine ripped a gouge in my index finger that was from 4 teeth, or at least there were 4 lines from them. Believe it or not, most articles say they are toothless but I tell you they are not. They may not have daggers like a shark but they have teeth.

7Enigma said:
LWB, I assume due to their size (not sure of their temperment), that the tigers don't mess with the eels?

They don't bother the eels at all. In fact, they bother no other fish in the tank, not the loaches, and not the sharks. The sharks also leave the eels alone, lol.

Update....

Well, they were in the filters again. Only thing, I learned something new today in my fire eel handling, lol. I put my hand into the filter and slowly under the eel. Only this time he decided to launch himself out of the filter and tank, lol. He went flying to the right, and off the side of my bed, and onto the floor, lol. Luckily it's carpet, so it was a fairly soft landing, lol. Then, when I went to pick him up and put back into the tank, found that he has razor-sharp spines down his back, lol. Ouch. That really hurt, lol. But I got him in the tank with minor problems, lol. The biggest being, he's almost as fast on carpet as in the water, lol. Kidding. But he did slither quite well across the floor, lol.

After I got them out, hopefully for the last time, I decided I would outsmart them. Lets see if it works. I plugged their hole up with filter floss, lol. Now when they try to get in there, all they will find is a wall of floss, lol. hehe..... :twisted:

Edit:
Well, that didn't work, lol. They still got into the filter, lol. So today I stuffed more floss in there, and also small clumps of floss in any crack and corner. Will give it one last try. If they still get in, they are smarter than me, lol.

hey are fire eels fast water moving fish? the hiding in the filter might be proof of this.

just out of curiosity wolf, think you could take some pics or video of them doing this?

Actually, I don't have a video camera to do this, and my camera doesn't have video capabilities. Plus they are too fast to take a pic, lol. When they have the filter in their sight, it's like lightning, lol. But I finally defeated them, lol. I plugged up all the possible holes with floss, and when I got home, they were still trying to find ways into the filters, lol. I beat them, lol.

Rofl Wolf. I do wish this could have been caught on video. It would have made for one hilarious video. I can picture you in my head chasing your eel across the floor.

That was great, lol. And yes, they are quick buggers, lol.

also, when he launched himself from the Emperor 400, it was a good 3 feet, lol. Another 6 inches and he would have been on the bed, lol.

Lonewolfblue said:
Another 6 inches and he would have been on the bed, lol.

He was just really tired! His meany keeper kept waking him from sweet fishy dreams with its giant human hand-claw! Meany! lol

LOL

You want to sleep with a 13 inch slimy, squirmy, leaping fire eel with teeth and razor sharp spines on his back? LMAO.....

Update:

I added more floss and now they can't get into the filters, so now they are starting to P me off, lol. I get home for work, and all the biowheels are pushed out of their track and not spinning, lol. They are still not able to get into the filters, but are getting to me, lol.

try putting a powerhead near the bottom of the tank and see if they hang out near it. maybe they do justwant the fast moving current. as funny and entertaining as it is for us all those eeels are definatly determinded to find your last nerve lol.

Back
Top Bottom