Todd's 240g Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are, which explains the cost. Australia has two of my all time favorites...Scribbled Angels and the Aussie Harlequin Tusk, which has more purple. If I could only have two fish in my tank, those would be my choices without hesitation.

Vanuatu has some insanely cool fish too, so there's something in the water down under. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Iv only ever seen one harliquin tusk over here im on the west coast tho we have mainly cold water fish. Got some pretty nice wrasses that get around that iv seen and some monster port jacksons. The guy who I am mates with at my lfs owns a company in Vanuatu importing beer. He takes a few business trips every year and tells me all about the reefs over there. One day ill go haha

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There is a place in Vanuatu that imports fish/corals and seems to specialize in hybrid/aberrant Angels. There are some really wild ones that most of us will probably never see.

That second picture believe it or not I have seen! My lfs got it in about 2 weeks ago they have it in there display but it keeps getting bashed by the kole and hippo tang he is going into a new tank soon ill get a pic of it on tuesday for you

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got a Longnose Hawk today. Just put it in after lights out, so will get picks tomorrow...

They really do have big personalities. So far, mine is just hanging out on the corner of the tank. He ate Mysis when I fed earlier and went right back to the same spot.

I've got a possible rescue lined up, so we will see how this plays out, but I've got my fingers crossed. The owner bought two, one beat the other up, so it had no tail . Five months later, in his sump, the tail is growing back but he needs to get rid of it. This pic is from the Internet, as he can't get a good shot of his...

If I get it , it will finish recovering in my 60g reef cube and then probably go in my 240g.

Its a Blotched Anthias (Borbonius). They are a deepwater Anthias and apparently not easy to come by. They start at $299 on LiveAquaria. Price aside, it is a stunning fish.

They're a very nice looking fish. Quite jealous you may be getting one :)

I heard back from this guy and he is going to hold it for me to pick up on Sunday. I will see how it is looking then and try post pics.

Love the hawkish . They are quite odd.

They certainly are. Mine has now decided it is a fish at times and tries to swims around with the Rabbitfish and Tangs.

My Lawnmower Blenny rarely makes appearances, which is unlike any I have had before. I still have not figured out where it hides. Just when I think it is dead because I have not seen it for days, it appears.

Got it this morning! Much larger and chunkier than I expected. Kinda stressed, but looks great. Not in the tank yet...

Thanks.

I got him in yesterday, but he was looking pretty stressed...hanging out kinda sideways towards the top of the bag. He immediately went into the center cave in my rocks and I have not seen it since. Lights have been out though, so hard to see much of anything. I'm crossing my fingers on this fish. Looks incredible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom