Todd's 60 Gallon Reef Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With imgur you can just copy and paste the BBcode which will already have the IMG tags around it. I remember that was one of the main reasons I got rid of photobucket. I guess and update hid the codes I needed from me. All I generally use my imgur account is for sharing photos onto forums.

How do you get to that code? I only see Copy Image and Download.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How do you get to that code? I only see Copy Image and Download.

You have to do it through the browser, not the app. Once you have an image open there is a selection bar in the top left that will say 'link' by default. Click that and change it too BBcode. Then you will be able to copy the code to the right of that selection. Should start with''. Here are some screenshots of my phone. First at default, second once I changed to BBcode.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xZPBDJe.jpg

LgXyXgz.jpg

Just noticed you are using an iPhone. Not sure if that makes a difference it not. I'm using an Android. It's even easier on the CPU, but I've mastered it on my phone.

:( Sorry, not sure what to do here. You could always input the IMG tags, but I understand that can be very inconvenient.

I'm using an iPhone as well and just noticed that the android version on Imgur gives a choice of link styles. I have three different imgur apps and each will provide links WITHOUT the tags. I end up typing in the links manually (royal pain). To speed things up, I added some shortcuts on the iPhone (Settings>General>Keyboard>Text Replacement). So when I type in "[u", it gets converted to the URL start tag; "[/u" gets converted to the URL end tag. I do the same thing with the IMG tags.
Also, if it's going to be a lengthy post, I type everything in the Notes app. Easier to proofread and verify the links by clicking on them. If I'm super lazy, I use the voice-to-text. Then I copy all of it and post it in a thread.
Hope this helps.

I will give that a try. I'm camping now, so trying to stay off my phone as much as possible.

I did just score a 15+ polyp colony of Sunny D's and a colony about the same size of some other Zoas for $5 each! $10 for both.

I will give that a try. I'm camping now, so trying to stay off my phone as much as possible.

I did just score a 15+ polyp colony of Sunny D's and a colony about the same size of some other Zoas for $5 each! $10 for both.

Now that's a deal! Can't wait to see em.

I'm using an iPhone as well and just noticed that the android version on Imgur gives a choice of link styles. I have three different imgur apps and each will provide links WITHOUT the tags. I end up typing in the links manually (royal pain). To speed things up, I added some shortcuts on the iPhone (Settings>General>Keyboard>Text Replacement). So when I type in "[u", it gets converted to the URL start tag; "[/u" gets converted to the URL end tag. I do the same thing with the IMG tags.
Also, if it's going to be a lengthy post, I type everything in the Notes app. Easier to proofread and verify the links by clicking on them. If I'm super lazy, I use the voice-to-text. Then I copy all of it and post it in a thread.
Hope this helps.

So what do I need to add before and after what I copy? I've never had to do it manually, so I'm not sure exactly how it should look.

On another note...I scored two Cornbred Bloodshots and a Cornbred Rainbow Infusion Paly for $30 shipped. Had a little confusion on an order and the guy threw in the Paly to make up. It somehow has become my lucky zoa/Paly buying season. Hopefully it's karma balancing out my 240g disaster.

So what do I need to add before and after what I copy? I've never had to do it manually, so I'm not sure exactly how it should look.

On another note...I scored two Cornbred Bloodshots and a Cornbred Rainbow Infusion Paly for $30 shipped. Had a little confusion on an order and the guy threw in the Paly to make up. It somehow has become my lucky zoa/Paly buying season. Hopefully it's karma balancing out my 240g disaster.

Very cool! Had to make a photo to show an example, it kept messing up no matter how I typed it. The red part is all you add to your direct link to the photo. You may have to click the photo to see the whole thing. I want to see these goodies you are picking up!
6ySqPpk.jpg

Imgur is a little weird like that. The link is to a page with the image. If you click on the image itself, it *should* reload just the image and not the web page. Then click on that image to copy the link to the JPG and not the web page. The link should look like "http://i.imgur.com/******.jpg".
Of course, this might depend on the Imgur app you are using. I have 3 different imgur apps on my iPhone. They do the same thing but a little differently.

Tried to display the link you provided:

http://imgur.com/XfXmcuV

What I did differently was use URL tags instead of the IMG tags since this link it to a page and not necessarily an image.
Also, it only seemed to work if put a SPACE character before the end URL tag.
If you quote ANY post, you should see the raw text with tags (IMG, URL).

Last edited:
Maybe I am quoting wrong. I'm using IMgur Browsr. I'm going I into my images and there are three columns of pics that scroll down the page. I click on a pic and it brings up the single pic. I've been going up to the top right corner where it has the Share Image options.

I think I got it? If so, those are the Sunny D's I got for $5 and whatever the pink ones are for $5 too.

Back
Top Bottom