Tomato clown eggs?? Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanRamirez57

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I discovered this patch which seems to be eggs from my tomato clowns. I would like to try and keep them as I have a community tank and a 29 gallon frag tank. Anybody have suggestions on how to get these eggs to hatch and alive?

To be honest, there is a ton of info out there on breeding clownfish. Since there is so much to it, best bet would be to google it and learn what you need to know. After you have a general idea of what to do, you can ask specifics that can be answered.

The best advice I can provide would be to have circulation near the eggs to prevent a build up of fungus.

If they are there long they will become fish food. The other fish will eat them.

There is some great sites dedicated to this! If the first batch of eggs don't go well, don't worry they will continue to lay eggs in the same spot! Or so I've read!

They sometimes will move to a different spot when laying eggs especially if you disrupt them. Do you have any pictures of these eggs that you can post?

Have been trying to hatch & raise True Percs and have only had one successfully gotten one batch to 8 months now.
Check out Reef Central they have a huge section for breeding threads for various clownfishes.
The male will tend to the eggs and will eat the ones that are no good and sometimes the female will help with this task as well but it is mostly the male that takes care of the nest.
It is a lot or work to take care of the fry not to mention the cost of all the supplies you will need.

There is another forum that has a pretty big breeding section for clownfish and that is Reef2Reef.
These pictures were taken back on 12-14-13.

Attachments

• baby clownfish - 12-4-13.jpg
    baby clownfish - 12-4-13.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 112
  • baby clownfish - 12-4-13 - 1a.jpg
    baby clownfish - 12-4-13 - 1a.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom