too many fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
theusedmyr said:
lol... its petsmart... they only have "Brochis splendens" the cory stated above, and they have Albino cory cats.... which look scary.

Awww! I love my albinos corys. They glow under the blue light. :)

If i obtained a larger tank, would i be able to transfer everything quite easily? like, put the fish aside with some tank water, then transfer water and gravel, then everything else, then place the fish in, w/o too much stress?

theusedmyr said:
If i obtained a larger tank, would i be able to transfer everything quite easily? like, put the fish aside with some tank water, then transfer water and gravel, then everything else, then place the fish in, w/o too much stress?

You could do that. You would have to add a bit more gravel. And whatever new filter you get you just put the sponge/mesh part of your old filter in front so you don't lose bacteria.

i think i might do that. with something like a 20gallon i'd be able to easily add 4 regular cories?

Its very easy, just put the fish in a temporary bucket or something for about an hour or two in their own tank water. when youre ready to move the substrate. transfer the gravel, and decor. use the old filter media in the new filter. either straight in if applicable or cut the foam off of a plastic form. rinse in old tank water, and put in your new filter in front of the new media. making sure its the first thing in contact with incoming water. slowly add old tank water from existing tank or bucket, pouring on a bowl or plate set in the middle keeps from disturbing decor too much. make sure the water temperature is the same as the bucket the fish are in and then slowly move them into the new tank after the water has settled. make sure to use your prime or dechlor agent before adding the fish and dont turn on the filter until it has set for about an hour letting things settle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom