Too much flow? Too little? How to tell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
As most of you know I've stalled on my BC 29 but I've been busy modding it and adding more rock and just doing more research. So I stumbled upon an area which kind of sprung interest.

How do you if you have enough flow or too much flow? I have 2 koralia 425's and upgraded the pump to a MJ 1200. I've read on other forums people have even bigger power heads. So how can you tell other then watching your corals and fish. I don't have anything in it but a few snails and hermits.

But how do you gauge flow?

You really can't tell without coral. I wouldn't worry about until you get coral. Then you can adjust accordingly. So long as the sand isn't blowing around.

Bige said:
You really can't tell without coral. I wouldn't worry about until you get coral. Then you can adjust accordingly. So long as the sand isn't blowing around.

Gotcha... Thanks :)

It also depends on the coral you plan to have. SPS will require more flow than LPS and softies etc.

x2 on waiting until you have corals, my flow looked like nothing until i got my few LPS in there.

Also with 2x425 + MJ1200 you should have plenty of flow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom