topfin dechlornator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
is topfin dechlornator ok to usr as mmy only water treatment? ive been useiing it for 5 mmonths without issue is it fine? its all my lfs carries i could pick up stress coat or a bacterial suppliment if needed while treating my water

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

is topfin dechlornator ok to usr as mmy only water treatment? ive been useiing it for 5 mmonths without issue is it fine? its all my lfs carries i could pick up stress coat or a bacterial suppliment if needed while treating my water

That's all I've used, and thus far I haven't lost any fish, including GBR's and discus. So if it's good enough to keep them healthy, I find it hard to believe that it isn't a good product. I know some people here swear by Prime, and that's fine, but if you have a product working for you why change?

NODAK1979 said:
That's all I've used, and thus far I haven't lost any fish, including GBR's and discus. So if it's good enough to keep them healthy, I find it hard to believe that it isn't a good product. I know some people here swear by Prime, and that's fine, but if you have a product working for you why change?

so true it just got me thinking because everyone here uses prime

so true it just got me thinking because everyone here uses prime

Well it's the most well-known brand. But really, making a dechlorinator wouldn't be difficult. It's just a certain chemical composition. And like Prime, it's concentrated enough to use 1mL per 10 gallons. I always go a little over. No harm. For a 60 gallon, I use about 8mL or so. Works like a charm.

my bottle of topin is concentrated for 1ml per 10g n i have a 15 so i use roughly 3 ml some days if i do a big change i use 5ml

I actually bought a cheap set of measuring spoons for that purpose. Works fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom