Torch coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gemach7

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I have had my 15 gallon nano tank up since May. I currently have 1 purple fire fish and one o. Clown.

My inverts are. A striped hermit, blue legged hermits and pods in the sump.
Also have a feather worm that appeared about 2 months ago and pineapple sponges I direct feed every other day.

Light is the Mars Aqua 165.

I kinda fell in love with the way the torch coral works I know it is not a beginners coral and this would be my first coral but would this coral fit in my tank and is it a possibility with my current setup.

Flow is 2 565gph nano circulation pumps and 200 GPH return pump.

Total experience:
10 years with outdoor pond. 2 years planted aquarium. Took a 5 year hiatus from fish keeping but 5 years before that of freshwater fish only.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You dont need to feed the sponges. They get all they need from the water column and lighting.The inverts you have are scavangers and will feed off the scraps in the tank. If you are feeding these then before long your nitrates will be pretty high. Sounds like everything else is OK. Dont let your torch get beat up by the flow because if you do the trauma will cause brown jelly disease to take over the coral.

You dont need to feed the sponges. They get all they need from the water column and lighting.The inverts you have are scavangers and will feed off the scraps in the tank. If you are feeding these then before long your nitrates will be pretty high. Sounds like everything else is OK. Dont let your torch get beat up by the flow because if you do the trauma will cause brown jelly disease to take over the coral.

Thanks for advice, I stopped feeding the tank itself after being told was a bad method, read they might need target feeding so was putting 1 part per 10 water of phytoplankton for target feeding will stop this process :).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good. Plankton is one of the best ways to foul up a tank. I have never target fed my corals in the 15 years I had them. They get all they need from the water column just like yours now.

Back
Top Bottom