Torn/tattered betta fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJLockley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I sure it's been asked before... So bare with me. I was planning to put this guy in my 50g community but he was showing aggression towards the other fish. So he's in his own little bowl.. You know the boring just plain betta bowls that hold maybe 2-3 cups of water. It's temporary until I can get him something larger. He's a half moon and I've noticed his dorsal fin is a little ripped. It's not bad, but I noticed it. It doesn't look like fin rot, and it's not easy to get a good enough picture to share. He seems happy enough. He's built a pretty good sized bubble nest so I don't think it's stress induced.

I'm thinking either it was from the stress if the few hours that he was in the community tank, or maybe it snagged on one of the rocks in the community tank and he's recovering. It's been a few days and I've been watching him closely. Doesn't seem as if he's nipping the fins himself

How long will it take to heal? Is there anything I can do? The only thing in his bowl is a small handful of those glass rock looking things.

His fins will heal naturally but you need to keep his water very clean.

Ok thanks. That's sort of what I figured. I was planning on cleaning today. Here's a pic or two.. These are all of his dorsal

Attachments

• image-4259768613.jpg
    image-4259768613.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 85
  • image-266192402.jpg
    image-266192402.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3070018619.jpg
    image-3070018619.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom