Tough one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phranque

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently traded frags with a local club member, which we do for "banking". We trade corals with others, and in case of a tank crash, it's agreed upon that you can go back to those people and get free frags back to re-populate your tank.......
I gave a guy a piece of my ORA German Blue polyp M. digitata, and in exchange he gave me what's pictured below. It's a Monti, and he called it a Pink Flamingo, but upon searching, the only thing I can find that even comes close is the Superman Montipora Monasteriata. Any thoughts??

It's a beauty....both the red body & blue polyps are absolutely electric under any light.

Attachments

• photo55.JPG
    photo55.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 108
Wow. I don't know what it is..... But I want one!! :D I love montis and chalices. Great trade!!

Wow. I don't know what it is..... But I want one!! :D I love montis and chalices. Great trade!!

I thought it was pretty good !! Never know, once this thing gets moving, maybe we can work something out.... You're only one state away.

Red with blue polyps...isn't that a reverse superman monti?

You are correct..... but now I have another conundrum. The reverse superman montis I'm finding have the typical round, mini clover looking polyps...... this one has crescent shaped polyps ???????

Sorry I can't help id it, but that's an awesome idea to protect against a huge loss and diversify your tank at the same time. Very cool.

Back
Top Bottom