Trade Value - Large Angel Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

basketballqt

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a large marble angel fish that is tearing my tank apart. I got her as a tiny little baby, but now that she is bigger I want to trade her to the LFS. Any suggestions on what I should try to get them to trade for? I want more fish as I don't feel like I have many, and at the moment I have a couple of guppies, 4 or so sword tail tetras, and a few neon tetras.

I know that large angel fish are worth more than small, but I don't really know how much more. She is probably 4-5 inches from mouth to end of fin, so she has grown quite a bit.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Oh -- and she looks very much like this if it matters :)

11631230024_6c60d534ed_b.jpg

Unfortunately, where you are in the country will determine what price you get. That said, Marbles are very common so you should not expect top dollar for the fish. As for how much, many stores will give more in store credit for supplies or fish than for cash so it's hard to say what a store would give you for your fish. I suggest, if you have multiple stores you go to, I'd call them first to see what they would offer you for the fish before taking the fish around. Too much time in a bag or being jostled around from store to store will not be good for the fish nor you bottom line price.
Hope this helps (y)

You won't get much. Personally, I would just take the credit and use it for food, supplies etc.

Back
Top Bottom