Treating ro water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dubs1281

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I use ro water for my community tank so I can keep the ph low. What should I treat it with? I use a tad of stress zyme and add aqueon plant food. But I have seen ro water treatments. Should I invest in these? Thanks.

You treat it with either seachem replenish or equilibrium depending if you have live plants or not. This is to add minerals that are vital

Are you using a mixture of ro and tap or straigth ro water?

Alittle bit of a mixture. Mainly ro though. I only use tap when I can't get ro for several days after about one week.

Use one or the other they do the same thing so your just wasting one

I don't have the stress zyme that conditions water. Just the one that contains bacteria. I don't believe it conditions water. Maybe it does and I didn't read the bottle well enough.

Alittle bit of a mixture. Mainly ro though. I only use tap when I can't get ro for several days after about one week.

what ratio or sort of mix do you do? Id suggest adding enough tap to minimalise remineralising. If youre using ro water all the time why not buy an ro unit, theyre easy to use and will save you alot of money quite quickly.

what ratio or sort of mix do you do? Id suggest adding enough tap to minimalise remineralising. If youre using ro water all the time why not buy an ro unit, theyre easy to use and will save you alot of money quite quickly.

My lfs gives it out free.

Really. Wow that is awesome. How much do they give you?

As many buckets as you have when ever you bring them in. I walked in for the first time ever there and he filled them up with out hesitation. When I asked him why he didn't charge he said he wanted everyone to have a healthy tank at his expense.

As many buckets as you have when ever you bring them in. I walked in for the first time ever there and he filled them up with out hesitation. When I asked him why he didn't charge he said he wanted everyone to have a healthy tank at his expense.

Sounds like a great lfs to me. Wish the ones round here gave free ro, It would secure my return.

Yea I don't have a lfs anymore but before I moved they charged $.75 a gallon

There are about four fish stores that I have been to in my area. There is only one more I believe. Two are chains. Two are privately owned. I like all of them. But only two give ro. They are both of the privately owned ones. One gives it free, one gives it for 50 cents a gal.

But today I was at a city for a hs soccer game Saturday, and two non school related hockey games today an hour and a half away. My mom had been there before and told me how great it was. This is where I got my first ro water. I thought it would be like a petco/petsmart cheap store. The place was huge. It was bigger than each one and had the greatest selection of fish. The cichlid section was almost as big as my nearest privately owned lfs. They had a 125 gallon show tank with full grown ciclids. It was insame to think how big they get. They had a full grown german red pecock. I have one that is two to three inches. This one was 6-7". It was huge. I can't believe that's how big mine is going to get. Then they had the most beautiful dragonblood peacock I've ever seen. It was a solid 5". I would have bought it in a heartbeat if it was for sale. The tank also had lots of fry in it. Lots as in100+. Then the main reason I wanted to go there was to see the discus. They had two tanks of discus. One with the smaller ones and one with 4" or larger ones. They were gorgeous.

Sorry to get quite off topic but I thought I had to share this. The water in the tanks were so clear. Opon further inspection, all of the bigger tanks had uv sterilizers.

Sounds like a great lfs to me. Wish the ones round here gave free ro, It would secure my return.

His selection and tank quality is pretty poor though. He has lots of equipment and food to make up for it . He was selling a new 75 gallon for $110.

Back
Top Bottom