Trigger fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a Picasso triggerfish or humu. They are beautiful!!

I stand corrected, tony is right. Both beautiful fish either way!

We are huge triggerfish fans, they are so beautiful but aggressive at the same time. We have a 125 gallon tank we are going to turn into a trigger tank! Just waiting for our reef tank to be complete :p this hobby breaks the bank!

Yeah, I am going to have to stick w fresh until I start making some more $. But the day will come ... :)

Bbush said:
Yeah, I am going to have to stick w fresh until I start making some more $. But the day will come ... :)

it can be done on a budget. I have been out of work for 7 months, and although un wise I have been able to get a 75gal salt tank. I do computer work for shops, and have friends that have helped. Got coral from a guy breaking his tank down, and the rest from this point system a local shop has. Get it small, and growing it in the tank. Buy fish very yung so its cheaper and I get to see them grow up.

Its been good to keep me busy, and haven't spent to much money, although there is still much I want to do that I can't afford now. I'll sell frags at some point to local shops for other things I may want. For now I work on keeping everything clean and water perfect.

Even made friends with some one whos willing to bring his rodi water filter over so I can fill my 30 gal mixing tub for water changes.

I also have a 20 gal fresh water that I love. Fresh is honestly so easy and forgiving. I really want and need to expand them to a larger tank. petco here dose a 1$ a gal tank system, may look into it for that

Yeah, I would say at some point. Very inspirational stuff. I have just gone off the deep end w fresh water here in past few months. I can say it is very addicting. But finding ways to save $ is part of the fun for sure. I also try to put my fish first. In other words, what do they need? As of right now, I just need a new light and then in a few years I will look into another upgrade.

Lacie257 said:
We are huge triggerfish fans, they are so beautiful but aggressive at the same time. We have a 125 gallon tank we are going to turn into a trigger tank! Just waiting for our reef tank to be complete :p this hobby breaks the bank!

Lacie,..triggers are one of my all time favorite fish too and the main reason i have my tank in the first place BUT .just remember that triggerfish as a rule do not like other trigger fish,.. Care must be taken when trying to keep multiple triggers in the same tank,..even if they seem to get along at first that can change in a heartbeat and one can go "postal" killing other triggerfish and other fish too.... Why they do this ? Only the triggers know,...just use caution.

Back
Top Bottom