Tropical fish for my grandma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
My grandma has 3 neon zebra fish two betas an elephant nose and two bubble eyed gold fish and she was wondering if she could put a freshwater puffer in her tank with them and was wanting to know if it would be aggressive??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot.

What size tank? Water parameters? What are the bettas gender? By neon zebra fish do you mean dyed zebra danios... Or glofish?

Gold fish are not tropical... Is the tank heated? If not, most of those fish will get sick and are not in proper living conditions. If it is, the gold fish are in trouble too. What size is the tank? What are the Betta's genders?

Yes glow fish my bad and yes it is heated and it's a 35gallon tall octagon and I'm not sure bout the parameters but she just wanted to know if a freshwater puffer could live in there peacefully without any nipping and also could her other fish go brackish I said they couldn't but I just wanna make sure I'm right

Yes glow fish my bad and yes it is heated and it's a 35gallon tall octagon and I'm not sure bout the parameters but she just wanted to know if a freshwater puffer could live in there peacefully without any nipping and also could her other fish go brackish I said they couldn't but I just wanna make sure I'm right

What's the bettas gender? No way should her fish go brackish. I think her tank is quite heavily stocked. Because of the tanks footprint there isn't enough surface area. I wouldn't add anything, as a matter of fact I would rehome some fish.

Ok I will tell her but she has almost every type of fish bottom mid and top dwelling fish in there so they're pretty spaced out

My grandma has 3 neon zebra fish two betas an elephant nose and two bubble eyed gold fish and she was wondering if she could put a freshwater puffer in her tank with them and was wanting to know if it would be aggressive??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot.

I would rehome one betta, the elephant nose and both bubble eye goldfish. No freshwater puffers should ideally be placed in this sort of setup. What is her water change schedule.

I'm not sure but all ik is that her filter is great and filters out alot

I'm assuming yes but not alot she's in her mid fifties and my grandpa is in his early sixties and the tank is to tall for them so I'm guessing they do little water changes

I'm assuming yes but not alot she's in her mid fifties and my grandpa is in his early sixties and the tank is to tall for them so I'm guessing they do little water changes

Okay. If she wants to have a puffer she would probably have to rehome all those fish. She could do a community tank but she would have to rehome the fish I listed above.

Back
Top Bottom