trouble with angels eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kirkland795

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a well established 60 gallon aquarium with 4 angel fish and various other small fish such as danios. All water parameters are normal and I keep the tank 78-80 F. I have not added any new additions to the tank. About two months ago one of my angels suddenly stopped eating and had white stringy poop. I immediately quarantined him and treated for wasting disease using API general cure. After a few treatments he was better and eating well again and I have not had any more problems.
About 3 weeks ago I moved to a knew house which meant a lot of stress on the fish. I moved all biofilters in tank water and all fish survived. I of course had to do a 100% water change for this and had a slight ammonia spike initially(0.5). I added some bacteria and my water parameters returned to normal. My platinum white angel suddenly stopped eating after all of this and showed the same white stringy poop. I assumed it was wasting disease again and quarantined her and started treated with API general cure. However she has failed to improve. She will even swim away from food. She acts normal other wise and swims around and is even a little aggressive at times. Her body is free of fungus and she look other wise healthy besides becoming pretty skinny.
I am at a loss as to what I can do to help her. She probably hasn't eaten in close to 2 weeks. I've tried brine shrimp, blood worms, and flakes. She use to love all those food. My other fish remain free of symptoms. Any help would be appreciated.

Its metro and prazi. My sick angel is looking really skinny. I'm worried she won't make it. I noticed tonight one of my other angels had white stringy poop. Its the first I've seen of it. He still has a good appetite but should I be worried that my big tank is becoming infected.

Its metro and prazi. My sick angel is looking really skinny. I'm worried she won't make it. I noticed tonight one of my other angels had white stringy poop. Its the first I've seen of it. He still has a good appetite but should I be worried that my big tank is becoming infected.

My thought would be bacterial reading above. Hard to know if hasn't been a carrier of parasites and the moving stress triggered something though.

If still eating you could try medicated food of prazi and metro and combine that with triple sulpha. The triple sulpha is mainly a anti-bacterial but has some anti-parasite properties as well so hedges your bets.

Back
Top Bottom