Troubled Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PeaceLoveFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so in my aquarium, I have a acei cichlid, yellow lab, jewel and a red tailed shark (I have no problems with them together). I'm in the process of building a 100g, so I had to stick them in a 20g until I'm done. I just got the jewel a few days ago. It won't come out of hiding! I've never had this problem in the past. All the other fish are normal, no aggressiveness, the water is normal and everything. What could be wrong with it? Is it just shy?

PeaceLoveFish said:
Okay so in my aquarium, I have a acei cichlid, yellow lab, jewel and a red tailed shark (I have no problems with them together). I'm in the process of building a 100g, so I had to stick them in a 20g until I'm done. I just got the jewel a few days ago. It won't come out of hiding! I've never had this problem in the past. All the other fish are normal, no aggressiveness, the water is normal and everything. What could be wrong with it? Is it just shy?

Could be since it was just introduced. Is there a mirror near. Sometimes it can be aggressiveness but you can't see it so I would watch them with the lights off to make sure. When did you get him?

PeaceLoveFish said:
Okay ill be sure to watch! And I got him on Thursday.

Ok he should be use to the tank already. If not then I would give him only 1 more day on shyness.

Alright well I guess if he's not coming out tomorrow, I'll take him back.

i have several jewels and about 600 babys. my female and male love to hide in a small fake log i have in there. untill eg laying time then they swim a lot

Back
Top Bottom