True Perc Clown died? Why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jason1985

Aquarium Advice Freak
True Perc Clown died? NOW yellow tang GONNER

Yesterday woke up to my small clown being blown from one end of the tank to the other due to current and eventually he died. Just now I walk down to look at the tank and yellow tang is dead.

The only thing that had changed was I accidently left a MH light on for 10hours. First time I ever did this.
I am wondering if the water temp got too hot and damaged the fish!

I have no idea what happened.

75Gallon
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
SG 1.025
Temp 77

The clown had a bunch of extra mucus hanging off his body and heavy breathing before passing away, yellow tang!
The yellow tang started to look weak after the small clown died.

This is weird beause nothing changed in the tank!

All I have left now its a big fat true perc clown and a few wasted dollars on fish that got flushed down the toilet!

I only have one large true perc clown fish left. after this, tank is going to be turned into a 75g CORAL tank with no FISH for a while... I could of put that 150 dollars that I spent on fish towards Coral! ****t

humm did u ever notice your clowns to be fighting?
what made u have the light on all day have you got any corals or anything?
what are you useing to test your water liquids or dip strips?
whats the size of your tank ?

humm did u ever notice your clowns to be fighting?
what made u have the light on all day have you got any corals or anything?
what are you useing to test your water liquids or dip strips?
whats the size of your tank ?

humm did u ever notice your clowns to be fighting? No
what made u have the light on all day have you got any corals or anything? Accidently left the MH plugged into my timmer
what are you useing to test your water liquids or dip strips? API Test Liquid Drops
whats the size of your tank ? 75G

to me it sounds like this:
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/brooklynellosisart.htm

nope, they were always swimming by each others side...

humm what about the rest of the questions? sorry edited it after posting thought of some things that can help build a picture so maby someone can help ya

did u test before or after your water change. have not herd of it before overnight

did u test before or after your water change. have not herd of it before overnight

The last water change I did was a week ago today.
The only water added to the tank this week was top off water. RO DI water

I do all my water testing every Saturday morning...

well from the sound of things what i found must be it from the sytoms i dont no what caused it maby someone else will be able to help you the only thing i can say i keep a close eye on your other fish. dont add another clown untill u are certain what happened otherwise u may just waste your money

Brooklynella could have killed your clownfish over night. its a very fast killer

other w/c clowns even other fish can carry it. its a pretty violent disease i introduce a majestic angel with a white spot larger than an ich spot on its side. looked like a healing wound and appeared to be getting better in QT so i introduced it.. killed half my stock

yea not good. i cant imagin having having a full stock of fish and having them die all caused by a little clown

From what ive read i would strongly recomend not buying more fish. taking that clown out and treating it with formalin and wait a couple weeks before introducing anything else to your tank. by any chance did you find your dead fish really really white and covered in slime? moreso than a regular dead fish?

Clown was taken out of the tank 5min after his death he was full of slime. This happened over night. Yellow tang became weak and died today. His face had black spots but not like black inch more like somethin was eating at him.. He stopped breathing and was out of the tank right away. I'd hate to see the larfer clown die as well

the stress of your light being on for so long. it could have brought the dormant illness out.

does your last clown appear to be breathing rapidly. maybe swimming a little aimlessly. any white patchs or excess mucas coming off him?.

id strongly suggest getting some formalin and treating him

well the steps i took when i figured out what was killing my fish were

Fresh water Dip my fish>Drip bucket with tank water (from tank they were removed from)>QT tank treated with hikari Ich X. ran treatment for almost 2 weeks before i was confident that my fish were clean>treatment with another anti ich medication just precautionary as the stress from the formalin treatment could have brought other parasites with it>drip back into the DT and make sure that you dont get any treatment water in your DT. although formalin is aparently reef safe i wouldnt trust it.

hope that helps you

Back
Top Bottom