Trumpet snail help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kribensis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok im in a position ware I have given away all my kribensis fish amd kept some of the fry amd added 4 festae fry.

Everything but a rock a moss covered cocanut shell, and 3 small live sward plants are left.

My question is. Is this a good time to somehow remove all the snails from my current 125g fry tank? And does anyone have any tips? Im using pool filter sand.

If you are wanting to remove and kill all the snails you can just get a few assissin snails but then you can never have any other snails in the tank for a long time (until the assissins die) or my favorite way to collect and move MTS's is to get a glass jar, then cut a 1/4" or so thick slice of zucchini, microwave it a couple seconds to just barely start to soften it, don't want it to be so soft its mushy. Then lay the jar on its side and place the zucchini slice on the bottom and weigh it down with a rock or something so it can't float. Next place the jar on it's side with the zucchini in it on the substrate when the lights go out and wait. I've found MTS's swarm to it. Once you get a bunch slowly turn the jar upright so you don't lose the snails and remove from tank. Once you remove the snails just put the jar back in. Depending on how many you have you can catch tons of them.

Back
Top Bottom