Trumpet?? What is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chillie308

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well was a little shocked to find 5 of these just now. I noticed one sticking out of the gravel and after raking I found 4 more. I have a 55 gallon freshwater that has nothing but aquarium gravel and a few ceramic pieces nothing live at all. I've had it set up for 5 months with some glofish guppies mystery snails and 2 golden weather loaches. I'm assuming they aren't assassin snails since my mysteries are fine and they seem to be under the gravel so what are they? Better yet how in the world did they get here... I thought they may be trumpet snails but I don't see an exact match on google

Attachments

• IMG_20160807_162210963.jpg
    IMG_20160807_162210963.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 99
Well was a little shocked to find 5 of these just now. I noticed one sticking out of the gravel and after raking I found 4 more. I have a 55 gallon freshwater that has nothing but aquarium gravel and a few ceramic pieces nothing live at all. I've had it set up for 5 months with some glofish guppies mystery snails and 2 golden weather loaches. I'm assuming they aren't assassin snails since my mysteries are fine and they seem to be under the gravel so what are they? Better yet how in the world did they get here... I thought they may be trumpet snails but I don't see an exact match on google
Yes Malaysian trumpet snails

Good abd bad!

On one hand they eat excess stuff in the substrate, on the other hand they produce like rabbits and poop a lot and leave poo in the substrate.

If you see them all heading to the top of the tank, check out your parameters because they will alert you by trying to get away in bad water conditions.

Back
Top Bottom