Trying to find brackish water copepods or alternatives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBasementNerd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been trying to figure out where I can buy species of brackish water copepods, or any other similarly sized bug/crustacean, as I have a fiddler crab tank between salinity of 1.005 and 1.010 (waiting for refractometer to get in for accurate measurement) that I want to add them to as a food source and to improve the general water system. However it appears to be REALLY difficult to find a store that sells brackish water copepods, all I can find is scientific papers on species that can survive. Can anyone help in providing a store or contact with someone that breeds them? Thank you

Also if there's advice on things other than copepods that achieve my goals please offer it up

Man this is gonna be hard

You might consider slowly converting the salinity to mostly fresh and getting som super hardy "freshwater" ones that can survive salinity?

You might consider slowly converting the salinity to mostly fresh and getting som super hardy "freshwater" ones that can survive salinity?
I'm not sure how to determine if I'm buying freshwater ones that can survive that, or reproduce in it. All I find is "mixed species" or saltwater specific species

Back
Top Bottom