TT's 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news,if anyone has wandered how to keep a true flying fox(aka "the doosher") in check,gbr's have a deep seeded hate for them that keeps em on the run thus reducing "the dooshers" aggressive behavior...gotta keep em scared son!

sit in silence...

In other news,if anyone has wandered how to keep a true flying fox(aka "the doosher") in check,gbr's have a deep seeded hate for them that keeps em on the run thus reducing "the dooshers" aggressive behavior...gotta keep em scared son!

sit in silence...

Meh.. the rams are acting out of necessity (survival instinct). I wouldn't add the unnecessary stress man. They will fight to the death and the flying fox will probably out last them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Meh.. the rams are acting out of necessity (survival instinct). I wouldn't add the unnecessary stress man. They will fight to the death and the flying fox will probably out last them.

They don't fight necessarily,more or less the rams push em about...subdominance better explains it...

sit in silence...

They don't fight necessarily,more or less the rams push em about...subdominance better explains it...

sit in silence...

I understand. Just saying the rams will never back down, nor will the doosher. Constant battling can wear..I've seen it with corys. Wait til they drop eggs!

I understand. Just saying the rams will never back down, nor will the doosher. Constant battling can wear..I've seen it with corys. Wait til they drop eggs!

I hear & heed your advice wise sir. Speaking of rams,how're your rams doing?
Oh & why does Touchdown Tommy have to be a stud?

sit in silence...

I hear & heed your advice wise sir. Speaking of rams,how're your rams doing?
Oh & why does Touchdown Tommy have to be a stud?

sit in silence...

Just saying man.. I've read enough, no first hand experience, only want the best for bandits rams:)
My rams are all about the new tank! Loving the sand, digging pits everywhere.. seem to appreciate the more subdued lighting as well..
Sir Tom of endzonia must perform at the highest caliber in order to secure the nightly return of his ridiculously successful/attractive wifey!

Just saying man.. I've read enough, no first hand experience, only want the best for bandits rams:)
My rams are all about the new tank! Loving the sand, digging pits everywhere.. seem to appreciate the more subdued lighting as well..
Sir Tom of endzonia must perform at the highest caliber in order to secure the nightly return of his ridiculously successful/attractive wifey!

Nah really,it's dem peeps like you & others that drop dem pearls fo da rest of us...

Yes his ole'lady is ok & all...haha

sit in silence...

Nah really,it's dem peeps like you & others that drop dem pearls fo da rest of us...

Yes his ole'lady is ok & all...haha

sit in silence...

Just here to help! Try anyways;)

Ok so here's a question a lil off the wall,where can I find sodium-hypochlorite or the equivalent there of?

sit in silence...

Sodium hypochlorite is bleach.
Usaully when some one recommend SH they mean a stronger version then standard bleach more like pool shock(much stronger then bleach).

NaOCl Wt. %

Common Uses

2% Shock Chlorination of Wells
3-6% Household Disinfectant, Laundering Clothes, Dentistry Root Canal Treatment, Antisepsis of Mammary Glands in Dairy Industry, Disinfectant in Hospitals, Food Processing, Mushroom Production, Hog, Beef, and Poultry Productions, Maple Syrup Production, Fish Processing, etc.
12-16% Disinfectant in Swimming Pools, Water Treatment, Waste Water Treatment

Note: The higher the sodium hypochlorite strength, the faster the decomposition rate becomes. See Decomposition of Sodium Hypochlorite for more information.

Taken from What is Sodium Hypochlorite (Bleach)?

What are we killing or sterilizing??
What are you thinking of using the bleach for?

Chihiros Doctor’s Cleaning & Replacement
1) Cleaning Solution is diluted 5CC sodium hypochlorite with 250CC water to soak for 5 hours and use soft sponge wipe the round plastic part, do not wipe the electrode.

You are correct sir!
Came this close to pulling the trigger on one last night!
Where did you order from if you don't mind?
They were on sale(?) on ebay for $69?

You got the plant version correct?

What can we guess is the difference between the shrimp/plant/fish???
It looks like the replacement disc is the same for all......

Should be pretty simple clean as per instructions.

Chihiros Doctor’s Cleaning & Replacement
1) Cleaning Solution is diluted 5CC sodium hypochlorite with 250CC water to soak for 5 hours and use soft sponge wipe the round plastic part, do not wipe the electrode.

You are correct sir!
Came this close to pulling the trigger on one last night!
Where did you order from if you don't mind?
They were on sale(?) on ebay for $69?

You got the plant version correct?

What can we guess is the difference between the shrimp/plant/fish???
It looks like the replacement disc is the same for all......

Should be pretty simple clean as per instructions.

Purchased from a seller on eBay,$65 & received it 6 days later...
Yup,got the Plant Super...
From my understanding the preprogrammed algorithms in the control box vary from setup to setup..

sit in silence...

OK not much to update other than the best method I've found for cleaning the diode is a 50/50 mixture of CLR & warm water...
Hopefully the tds meter & ph tester will be here tomorrow (hopefully)...
Ohh almost spaced it,the rams love the doctor...they swoop in and hover in the mist created by the doctor!!! I'll try ato catch em doing it without getting their attention..

sit in silence...

OK not much to update other than the best method I've found for cleaning the diode is a 50/50 mixture of CLR & warm water...
Ohh almost spaced it,the rams love the doctor...they swoop in and hover in the mist created by the doctor!!! I'll try ato catch em doing it without getting their attention..

sit in silence...
Did you find a link on the CLR??

Funny on dem rams!!
When I inject H2O2 my fish swim right into it.

My fish in 120 reef swim into my vodka dosing also!!

Sometimes I wonder if it is all no harm or the fish has no control over its instinct to swim towards the flow regardless of danger:eek:.
I never lost a fish with heavy H2O2 dosing in the past.

I'm interested in the addition of trace elements by the Dr. also besides the reduction inTDS.
Found a TDS link the other day where it said to lower a couple units(18 down to 15).
I sorta see something like this in a breeding application....

sit in silence...

Ha, now that's interesting. I was wondering if the fish would "feel" anything from the Dr.'s mist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom