TT's 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive heard about this... Curious to see how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

From what I gather it is electrolysis, splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen and a little ozone. I've seen a few diy versions since I first saw Rastaman's Twinstar. People either love them or think its snake oil.

Jesse

From what I gather it is electrolysis, splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen and a little ozone. I've seen a few diy versions since I first saw Rastaman's Twinstar. People either love them or think its snake oil.

Jesse

That's the basic function in a nutshell...

sit in silence...

I won't claim that I 100% get the science behind it but I do understand the benefits it claims to offer...time & observation will tell the tale...

sit in silence...

Ok,growth has picked up quite a bit(color improved along with lush growth)since the addition of the Docter this past Sat(4 days)...
I haven't changed anything other than adding the new gizmo.Also my gbr pair have become quite a bit more outgoing & color has improved...water is crystal clear as well...I'm not 100% these differences can be attributed to the addition of the doctor but I can't deny the noticeable differences I'm seeing..

sit in silence...

Ok,growth has picked up quite a bit(color improved along with lush growth)since the addition of the Docter this past Sat(4 days)...
I haven't changed anything other than adding the new gizmo.Also my gbr pair have become quite a bit more outgoing & color has improved...water is crystal clear as well...I'm not 100% these differences can be attributed to the addition of the doctor but I can't deny the noticeable differences I'm seeing..

sit in silence...

I dig the info on operation from Jesse!
TT ever just dose H202 regulary to your tank?
Watch the next full month...
Nothing good happens fast in aquaria.
I personally would have no fear using that or dosing(with plan) H202 daily in GBR planted tank myself.

Anyone remember the 'oxygenator' from the 80's?

It was kind of the opposite of DIY co2 but used H2O2 in an inverted bottle(in tank) with a "rabbit food pellet" sized"catalyst" that "made oxygen!!
I had it in the 1980s in my 135 reef(we still don't like co2 in marine TT{except to melt coral and raise CA}).
The inverted bottle made bubbles 24/7!

I dig the info on operation from Jesse!
TT ever just dose H202 regulary to your tank?
Watch the next full month...
Nothing good happens fast in aquaria.
I personally would have no fear using that or dosing(with plan) H202 daily in GBR planted tank myself.

Anyone remember the 'oxygenator' from the 80's?

It was kind of the opposite of DIY co2 but used H2O2 in an inverted bottle(in tank) with a "rabbit food pellet" sized"catalyst" that "made oxygen!!
I had it in the 1980s in my 135 reef(we still don't like co2 in marine TT{except to melt coral and raise CA}).
The inverted bottle made bubbles 24/7!

Yes he provided an accurate explanation of its operation...
Early last week I nuked some hair algae using H202 & Glut...
One thing to add is that it isn't at all recommended for marine applications...
We'll see more in the coming weeks what the doctor has offer...
I need to find a tds meter,another claim is that it can be responsible for reducing tds 15x-18x...

sit in silence...

I wouldn' t use or see it in marine myself.
The 'oxygenator' was a plastic bottle with H202 in it.
I just ordered TDS meters from BRS Sunday and they should be to me tomorrow(dropped my 'Not waterproof" meter in bucket Sat!)

I think I ordered this for "water proof testing"(I am a goof)!
And this
Deluxe Dual Inline TDS Meter DM-2 - HM Digital - Bulk Reef Supply
to replace what I dropped in bucket(came off my BRS ro/di unit).
I am REALLY interested in hearing about TDS with the DR(and may have H202 experiment to perform after I get my replacement meters??)
Dems rams are a special TDS for me so I hold water parameters like this close..

So when is the interview to pick your brain on your secret?? Lovin the tank man!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom