TT's 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I'm jealous of that stand. With the impending rise of my 40b I was looking at purchasing or making my own stand.
I really really like this style, is there a guide you can point me to on this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

One day i too will attempt it... That will be a day to look out for.... For some more months, heard Monte Carlo is easy for a foreground plant so might try it when I get co2 and decent lighting.

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

Funny every one is mentioning Monte Carlo. I was doing some info searching on it last night! From what I understand, its easy once its established, but needs high co2 & light to get started. Any of you dudes have first hand experience with it?

Edit:::
Also heard someone say that they have carpeted with no co2 or certs under a 15w CFL!
Jesse

Well that certainly turned out nice.
Is the final coat paint? Any thoughts on throwing varnish or some kind of (water proof) clear coat on top? Or is that not necessary?

It's a water resistant paint from valspar...I primed most everything with flat black krylon spray then 3 coats of the valspar...thx for the compliment too sir!

sit in silence...

Hensley I heard the same thing... Except with a 13watt bulb!

Man I'm jealous of that stand. With the impending rise of my 40b I was looking at purchasing or making my own stand.
I really really like this style, is there a guide you can point me to on this one?

You could buy an iron stand for the same $ as I have in this stand but that's about it..$114 total cost..

sit in silence...

Will show some mock ups tomorrow after work&hey I might even have the new fixtures to boot..

sit in silence...

Good job so far Tiger! Mitered corners would have gave it a more finished look. But I can't talk, my stand is still in the garage with everything on it beside a fish tank.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bugs me about the corners but hey once the tanks up&going I won't be looking at the stand too often.

sit in silence...

You could buy an iron stand for the same $ as I have in this stand but that's about it..$114 total cost..

sit in silence...

Hm ok, I'll just look into the possibility of sprucing up metal store bought one.

On another hand; anyone seen or heard from brookster lately?

I haven't heard from him... Says on his profile he last posted on the 19th. Mysterious...

He pmed me on the morning of the 19th? Did he get banned again?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hm ok, I'll just look into the possibility of sprucing up metal store bought one.

On another hand; anyone seen or heard from brookster lately?

I've got the measurements for the basic frame&can post em tomorrow... The frame(materials) itself was less than $40..

sit in silence...

I've got the measurements for the basic frame&can post em tomorrow... The frame(materials) itself was less than $40..

sit in silence...

That'd be great thanks! Ok you can have your thread back :D

Update,new items ordered:

Hydor Canister 250
Aquatek Premium Reg
#5 CO2 Tank
Serra Turbo Reactor
Finnex Digital Heater 150watt

Will be tearing down 2 10g tanks to clear space..
Also may have an Rena XP-1 available to sell..

sit in silence...

Can't hide money! Over there slinging out like crazy on cool, fancy stuff and I'm browsing the web for a diy regulator...lol guessing you're no longer mad at Amazon ;)

Jesse

Update,new items ordered:

Hydor Canister 250
Aquatek Premium Reg
#5 CO2 Tank
Serra Turbo Reactor
Finnex Digital Heater 150watt

Will be tearing down 2 10g tanks to clear space..
Also may have an Rena XP-1 available to sell..

sit in silence...

Dude, tell me you got tbe finnex titanium heater.... Dat'd be smooth.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom