Tubular Banana -propagation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thomasina

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a beautiful Banana plant that has 4 short leaves and one 12 in. plus and now a 16 inch plus stem growing! I figured that the long one must be a bloom.
I would love to propagate some new ones from the original plant since it is matured. Different sites say different ways to do this: separate the tubs, cut a leaf and let it float, cut a leaf and plant it... I am looking for someone that has done this with success. Can anyone help please??

I have a beautiful Banana plant that has 4 short leaves and one 12 in. plus and now a 16 inch plus stem growing! I figured that the long one must be a bloom.
I would love to propagate some new ones from the original plant since it is matured. Different sites say different ways to do this: separate the tubs, cut a leaf and let it float, cut a leaf and plant it... I am looking for someone that has done this with success. Can anyone help please??

Definitely following this. I have a banana play as well, when I got it I must have handled the plant way to much, the only formed leaf on it broke off :( if left it just floating in the tank, and I'm not to sure it's doing all that well, it has a good many brown spots on it. But the banana plant itself is doing good, the two stems that are on it are growing and I can see another one sprouting out from one of the 'bananas'.

Thanks for answering. I read somewhere (?) that they one of the banana's will grow new leafs and the old stuff will die off or more tubular s will sprout. I just wondered if you could bread them off and start your own.

Thanks for answering. I read somewhere (?) that they one of the banana's will grow new leafs and the old stuff will die off or more tubular s will sprout. I just wondered if you could bread them off and start your own.

I've read you could, from what I've read it's the ways you mentioned, but I have no idea which works best. Hopefully someone will chime in about it soon, I would like to know as well.

Back
Top Bottom