Turbo snail gone a browny colour...last legs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drew_the_shmoo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, first post!
I had 4 turbo snails, about 2 months old, plenty of algae to eat, water parameters spot on, then one-by-one they dropped off. They seemed to get very sluggish, move very little for days, and when they were on the glass you could see their undersides were more of a dirty brown[/B] as opposed to the creamy colour they normally are. Any suggestions as to what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Drew

I don't know what my parameters are exactly. I just take water samples into my lfs and they check everything for me. Everything seems fine and they've told me my water is how it should be. Slight amounts of nitrate but that was when it was due a water change so that should've sorted that. Everything else in the tank, including the cleaner shrimp seems fine.

How long has your tank been running for and do you use tap water or RODI?

It's been running for about 3 months or so now. I always top it up with RO from the lsf, and the saltwater is consistently from them too.

Did it fully cycle? I would invest in a saltwater test kit too, it will make trouble shooting easier for you as oppose to relying on your LFS...

Back
Top Bottom