Turn off UV when treating with KENT Rx-P?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mbeef61

Aquarium Advice Regular
i am treating my main FOWLR and a few inverts with kent marine Rx-P every other day and with Poly-Ox on off days like indicated...i am also skimming like indicated...however they didnt say whether to turn UV off when treating...should i to be safe? or is it worse cuz the UV helps too?

What are you treating and what inverts are in the tank?

Kent Rx-P is nasty stuff (much like Stop parasite), it's pepper based and quite an ineffective treatment overall. All the Poly-Ox does is reduce organics. Neither of these products will be affected by the use of UV but the Rx-P can harm the biofilter and fauna.

Cheers
Steve

i am treating ich...a copper band brought it...he was the only one....i am using this as a preventative for my niger trigger, red emperor snapper, snowflake eel and maroon clown that are all showing NO signs...the inverts i have are 2 big chocolate starfish(i know it says take them out but they are huge and doing great im watching), countless snails and hermits, 2 skunk cleaners, 2 peppermint,LTA, camel and fire shrimp (all inverts in 29 fuge thats attached to system) but everythings treated

I hope you are successful, products like these are usually quite hit and miss and rarely if ever eliminate the problem completely.

You really should consider a QT with a better choice in treatment. Especially with what the Rx-P does to invertebrates. I would also be concerned with the eel. Be very watchful....

Good luck
Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom