Turtles!! ^_^ (RES)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maximus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So, I was wondering how many of you on here have pet turtles? Right now I have my hatchling RES in a 20 Gal. tank. (his name is Scuttle), and for some particular reason he LOVES following my finger around his tank. And when I put my finger over into the water he will surface and nudge it. He doesn't nip at it all he does is nudge at it with his beak. I find this quite amusing and was wondering if it could be a small bonding act or something of the sort. Someday I do look for him to latch on for a love nip though.. lol.(y)

That being said any of you have any similar stories or some stories about your RES??

I have two adult sliders (over 10 years old) and they are great pets. My female is also interactive that way & has never bitten once. I feed her a few dried worms everyday. She pokes her head to the surface and opens her mouth and waits for the drop. You should check out the forum for amphibians here on AA

Have had many turtles over the years. I even had a rescue i made and had the turtle for over 10 years and i released it in the glades, it was a cooter and was huge. Now i have a new hatchling cooter i saved and i am keeping that atm.

Back
Top Bottom