Type of algea/ HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seem to me you have many types of problem in you aquarium. There are 2 good reason for that. One, your playing to much with your parameter. Making difficult for you to determined what's is missing or excess.
Here what you need to do. Don't fix the problem. Just make sure every parameter are good. Fertilizer, light and Co2. It will stabilize. I recommend adding excel x2 to kill what you have now. And maybe somes algea eater.

seconds. To little plants competing they algea. Get some fast growing plants.

If you thing you have hair algea. You have a exces iron. BUT, its possible that you are missing (you are low) on other type of fertilizer, like no3, mg, cal or po4. Because of you are low in one of them, your plants have stop taking iron.

Patrice said:
Seem to me you have many types of problem in you aquarium. There are 2 good reason for that. One, your playing to much with your parameter. Making difficult for you to determined what's is missing or excess.
Here what you need to do. Don't fix the problem. Just make sure every parameter are good. Fertilizer, light and Co2. It will stabilize. I recommend adding excel x2 to kill what you have now. And maybe somes algea eater.

seconds. To little plants competing they algea. Get some fast growing plants.

If you thing you have hair algea. You have a exces iron. BUT, its possible that you are missing (you are low) on other type of fertilizer, like no3, mg, cal or po4. Because of you are low in one of them, your plants have stop taking iron.

Ergg, how would I change that? (the excess iron) and I've began to dose some fert again. Would this help? Also, i don't have co2 running currently. Im waiting for the drop checker to come. I don't want to add excel because it's a shrimp tank an I've heard excel can kill shrimp. Also, are there any signs that show my plants are taking in iron again?

Quick random question, how often do I need to replace the drop checker fluid? I was thinking every day. Is this right?

Back
Top Bottom