Types of Mosses and how they grow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BfishLpond78

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm sure there have been questions like this all the time, but i can't find any posts on it, I am looking for advice as to which mosses have a color of a bright green and that spread as they grow, i have some DW and rock (slate formation) that I would like to have covered, also where it can be purchased. I really like the color and look of flame moss but I am very open to suggestions. 55 gallon tank, will upgrade to better lighting when I figure out which mosses will be best.

Thanks everyone.

Christmas moss, flame moss, star moss, weeping moss, and java moss are some popular ones and can all survive with low light and no CO2. Really it depends on what you are using it for and what look you prefer. Java moss is one of the most hardy and is a very prolific grower.

I have some java moss covered rocks in my 37 gal. I just threw some moss in a dollar store hairnet, slipped the rock inside, and let the moss do it's thing. You can pretty much tie java moss anywhere you want it and it will grow.

img_1291029_0_045e6a808fac5a4c4db136205e9a9f08.jpg

Back
Top Bottom