Uk or usa ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moobs99

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey

Was just wondering where every one is from ?
I'm from the uk and I think when I joined this fourm it said it was mainly a USA fourm ?

I'm from the USA. I thought everyone was from all over the world. I love that about this forum! :)

Ah right only thought it was USA lol glad we have a nice fourm to share out tanks and advice from all different areas of the world ?

Moobs99 said:
Ah right only thought it was USA lol glad we have a nice fourm to share out tanks and advice from all different areas of the world ?de03

Ya there are members from multiple countries. I hear fish aren't nearly as available in the UK as the US which must really suck. I never even thought about that until joining this forum.

Where I live there is 3 shops in about a 50/60 mile round trip, and there always the same fish! Plus the prices are rising fast! 1 guppy this time last year cost £2 now it's £3 to £4 for a single guppy!

I tend to use a site called gumtree of Facebook to find local people selling fish, got. Lovely breading pair on angles for a good price but think the male is shooting blanks lol

Moobs99 said:
I tend to use a site called gumtree of Facebook to find local people selling fish, got. Lovely breading pair on angles for a good price but think the male is shooting blanks lol

Aw. That's no fun! I am going to try to breed some guppies(easiest thing ever.) but I'm really excited anyway. Lol.

Where I live there is 3 shops in about a 50/60 mile round trip, and there always the same fish! Plus the prices are rising fast! 1 guppy this time last year cost £2 now it's £3 to £4 for a single guppy!

just wondering where abouts i the uk are cos im in cornwall and its not even that bad where i live and trust me its bad. have you thought of buying fish online and delivered straight to your door? i've thought about it but thought i would find others that have done this.

I'm in the uk, on the south coast, and guppy prices here are around £3 per guppy I think, mollies are 2 for £8-10, I have a pretty good fish shop selection where I live tho I have a choice out of 4 in my area

Hey I'm the UK in south Yorkshire I have 18 aquatic stores I can get to in less than 20mins and prices don't seem as bad as yours down south guppies are 3x £4/5 depending where you go betta/fighters are £3/£4 Pleco anything from £2.99 upwards I most I've paid is for a black ghost knife and it was £6 at 4inch and there's tons of private sellers around here too

Moobs99 said:
Hey

Was just wondering where every one is from ?
I'm from the uk and I think when I joined this fourm it said it was mainly a USA fourm ?
Im from UK,in Durham area and pretty well off for lfs,ive now found a fantastic place,not bad prices and you can buy online and get delivered to your door but i travel to the shop,which is about and hour and half round trip so not too bad :)

Moobs99 said:
Ah right only thought it was USA lol glad we have a nice fourm to share out tanks and advice from all different areas of the world ?de03

Yeah its great that people on here are from all over the world,great forum :) !!!!

USA here, California coast. I love heating about the fish people catch in Florida for their tanks, here we have cold water fish, none suitable for aquariums as far as I know.

An Australian member here had a thread about the wild "toadfish" he had in his tank-- a local puffer fish he captured! I was blown away!

I love the UK I would love love love to study art over in the EU and enjoy all the techno and house music still bangin in London, Ibiza and everywhere.

Je suis une Francophone et ma famille habite encore en Europe et en France.

marsh said:
USA here, California coast. I love heating about the fish people catch in Florida for their tanks, here we have cold water fish, none suitable for aquariums as far as I know.

An Australian member here had a thread about the wild "toadfish" he had in his tank-- a local puffer fish he captured! I was blown away!

I love the UK I would love love love to study art over in the EU and enjoy all the techno and house music still bangin in London, Ibiza and everywhere.

Je suis une Francophone et ma famille habite encore en Europe et en France.

A big Hi to Usa and all other people from where ever you may be and great to meet ya all !!!! :) from UK

I'm from west midlands in England.quite a few decent places to buy fish from by me.anything they don't stock they will order in especially for me, so is pretty good :)

Back
Top Bottom