Ultimatum: babies for fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WBAC88

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, this last weekend, I went on kind of a binge and set up a new tank and restocked my larger old one. Afterwards, my wife of a year and a half told me (mostly jokingly) that I could only have as many tanks as we have cats and babies together. As we only have two cats at the moment, I've reached my tank limit.

Sadly, I have a nice little 11g waiting in the wings to be a mini reef tank. So, fellow aquarists, how much is a new tank worth to you? Have you made sacrifices to set up the next tank of your dreams? Why can't everyone be as cool as we are? Sigh.

Sounds to me like she wants to have a baby and is letting you know with the tank number allotment. Make sure you talk to her and that is what she wants before you start working on a baby. Our youngest was conceived after I thought I was getting a lot of signals from my wife that she wanted another child. I immediately started working very hard and doing everything I knew to increase the chances. We had fertility issues on my side before so extra effort was required. She finally comes up to me very surprised and says she is pregnant and I ask why she is surprised, I've been working on this for a long time. She says she wasn't sending me any signals so please talk it over with you wife before you take any action.

absolutangel04 said:
Fry should definitely count as babies. That would mean if you got 1 pair of guppies, you would be able to have like 200 tanks in no time because of all the fry! My ex-bf and I call the guppies our children.

That's good, I like that. I think it should totally count. I think she liked things that she can snuggle though, which as far as she is concerned is the major downside of fish.

WBAC88 said:
That's good, I like that. I think it should totally count. I think she liked things that she can snuggle though, which as far as she is concerned is the major downside of fish.

My wife got a guinea pig that worked for me lol

Back
Top Bottom