Umm I thought I had a boy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starkkj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
lp_image.jpg please help. I thought I had a male mystery snail! There’s no other snails in my possession and I’ve had Turbo since May. How the heck is this happening?! There’s an egg sack in my tank!! View attachment 1IMG_7707.jpg

Cool you MIGHT get little baby snails, which is very exciting! But it could also be full of duds. Pretty amazing to watch the process!

Females can lay eggs when it is biologically time, and if they are fertilized then maybe babies!!! And often it is not if it is a new momma snail. Mine got a couple duds / clutches and then (there was a male) babies!

You can watch them develop.

They like decent humidity to stay vital, and they breath air in the eggs, so covering them with water they will drown. Their gills develop by the time they hatch.

Don't clean the glass so there is plenty of biofilm for the babies, if there end up being babies!

Cool you MIGHT get little baby snails, which is very exciting! But it could also be full of duds. Pretty amazing to watch the process!

Females can lay eggs when it is biologically time, and if they are fertilized then maybe babies!!! And often it is not if it is a new momma snail. Mine got a couple duds / clutches and then (there was a male) babies!

You can watch them develop.

They like decent humidity to stay vital, and they breath air in the eggs, so covering them with water they will drown. Their gills develop by the time they hatch.

Don't clean the glass so there is plenty of biofilm for the babies, if there end up being babies!

Turbo hasn’t had snail interaction since before I got her so she really has no reason to lay. Is this snails form of a period? Lol. Every time she’s laid eggs now (at least 4 clutches on the glass spread across 3 days or so) I’ve removed them but she keeps coming out of the water as if to check on them?

Back
Top Bottom