Underwater Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjb0333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
anyone have it, does it look cool, is it safe, which kind is the best? I have lots of nooks and crannies in my tank and i thought it would be cool to light them up so if anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.

Thanks

It is possible. I know some fish stores carry bubble misters with built in LED lights. So it looks like a shower of bubbles lit up. I don't personally like this look, but I'm sure you could hook it up and make it look nicely if you hid the lights behind some decorations and created a glow effect.

I have some blue LED's in my tank shining down into it, sorta like moonlights but the lights are underwater. Lets you shine them on different parts of the tank. I will say, I tried green, red, and blue lights and I like the blue the best. The red and green seem to light up too much and it just looks weird.

I've got the same thing, blue lights, I think they're by Hagen...Almost any fish store, petcetera, petsmart, anywhere carries them, hub and all, and they're not that expensive. I personally use then occasionally as a night light, and they look pretty neat. My kids love watching the shadows they cast outside the tank, pretending they're giant fish and sharks and stuff.

I use this system, the one I got has 2 blues and a green, and I can add more as needed. Currently, the 2 blue lights are on each side about center, and at gravel level. Unless you look closely, you will likely miss them when they are not on, with the exception of the suction cups stuck to the side. The green is under the waterfall bubble decoration, and used to light up the bubbles. We use these at nite, to help light up the room with soft light, not the bright hood light that we use during the day. I personally like it, and it tends to bring out the colors of the fish at nite...

Back
Top Bottom