unexpected Killifsh fry found in java moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monkeypie102

Aquarium Advice Newbie
a friend sent me some java moss and he warned me of a possible killifish eggs but i didn't take much of his warning as i didn't expect the egg to survive the shipping... so i QTed the moss (imo always qt plants and fish never know what each can bring to your tanks)

now i've NEVER raised a fish from an egg, ive always preferred raising inverts... Now i just need advice on how to care for the little guy... right now he is chilling in a 1.5g vase where the java moss is in QT. its maybe 4-5 days old... my friend told me it is a Golden Wonder parents were wild, not sure if that part of the info matters.

now right now i'm feeding it copepods that i've also raised alongside my various shrimp and it seems to be doing well... but will they be enough for it? should i be feeding something else or moving over to flake foods? Ive never raised bbs so no idea what to do about those... so anyways anyone ever raise these guys and know what i should be doing? thanks!

p.s. if i posted this in the wrong section i am terribly sorry...

a friend sent me some java moss and he warned me of a possible killifish eggs but i didn't take much of his warning as i didn't expect the egg to survive the shipping... so i QTed the moss (imo always qt plants and fish never know what each can bring to your tanks)

now i've NEVER raised a fish from an egg, ive always preferred raising inverts... Now i just need advice on how to care for the little guy... right now he is chilling in a 1.5g vase where the java moss is in QT. its maybe 4-5 days old... my friend told me it is a Golden Wonder parents were wild, not sure if that part of the info matters.

now right now i'm feeding it copepods that i've also raised alongside my various shrimp and it seems to be doing well... but will they be enough for it? should i be feeding something else or moving over to flake foods? Ive never raised bbs so no idea what to do about those... so anyways anyone ever raise these guys and know what i should be doing? thanks!

p.s. if i posted this in the wrong section i am terribly sorry...

Start an infusoria culture. Look it up, plenty of guides online

Use some green water, not hard to produce. In a week, bbs are easy. I fill up a mason jar and just a few bbs eggs with and airline. They hatch out in 26 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom