Unhappy with bulbs,not sure how to get the ones I want

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wingsofmight

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

I have a couple 10 gallon tanks that have terrible bulbs that are casting hazy orange glow in my tanks. Im still learning about things so not great on the details about lighting. I think that the orange im referring to is in the "red" part of the spectrum..even though the package says "clear"(im guessing that is referring to the bulb being clear...not the actual light) I am looking for lights that will fit the canopy of my 10gallons that cast a clear light..in the blue spectrum?

Anyone know how I can go about searching to get what im looking for? Keywords maybe or proper names of the types of bulbs i want. This orange glow in my tanks is just brutal.

Edit: They are planted tanks

:thanks:

Search coralife colormax cfl, if you need a screw in bulb this is the one! They have it at most lps and amazon

I use the florescent screw in bulbs at petco. They have normal white and 50/50 blue/white. I have been very pleased with both kinds, but I like the white better for my tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom